How-to: look 10lbs Lighter - Sensible Stylista

How-to: look 10lbs Lighter

Hey guys! I'm extra excited for today's post because I think it'll be quite helpful.  As you all know, I'm big into visual illusions.  People often compliment me on my figure, but they don't realize it's not actually my body.  Well, technically it is, but I'm a lot "bigger" than I look.  To be honest, this is the heaviest I've been in years.  I just simply know how to dress myself.  I'm very picky about what I wear, and I always make sure to highlight my best assets and mask my flaws if necessary.  Keep reading to learn my secrets...

1.  Highlight the small of your waist with a skinny belt.  If you're wearing a dress, belt it to draw the eye upwards.  It'll create the illusion of longer legs and give you an hourglass figure.  Also, opt for high-waisted bottoms because they're comfortable AND flattering.  Go for dark skinnies - I personally own two pairs in this style (pictured below) - to conveniently mask your muffin top!
2.  Throw on a pair of nude heels.  Make sure they match your skintone - the closer in color, the better! You want to create one long line so you look taller.  You'll look skinnier by default because you're elongating your legs, creating a leaner silhouette.  For affordable options, browse Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, and DSW.

3.  Wear the right undergarments.  If you haven't already, make sure you get yourself fitted.  I had issues with bra bulge and couldn't figure out why for the longest time.  Turns out, I was wearing the wrong size!  Regarding underwear, look for elastic waistbands with lace trim.  In my opinion, they're the most flattering, and as a plus they're super cute!

These are two of my favorites!  Left from Victoria's Secret and right from Kohls.

4.  Experiment with shapewear.  If you want to kill it for a special occasion, throw on a pair of spanx to look 1-2 sizes smaller.  It's not particularly comfortable, but you'll look good, ha. Bandage pieces work magic as well.  I own several mini-dresses and skirts, and they're basically wearable shapewear.  Don't skimp on them though!  If you want them to be "effective," you're going to have to purchase high-quality versions.  Check out BCBG, but don't pay full price.  Go to their factory outlets during blowout sales to get discounted designs.



5.  Wear black tights with black heels.  Like tip #2, this magical formula will elongate you!  Sport this combo with itty-bitty mini-skirts to look oh so chic in the winter.  Sub out heels with boots and tights with leggings if you're looking to get extra warmth!

6.  Befriend your tailor.  Fit is everything.  You can have a perfect body and still look "off" with ill-fitting clothing.

7.  Experiment with vertical stripes.  They'll lengthen like no other.  Remember, you want to create long lines. Theme of the day:  elongate like it's nobody's business!

Do you guys have any tips?  I'd love to hear 'em if you do!  

5 comments

  1. Great post, very helpful and inspiring :)

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/11/edgy-gray.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these sounds like a girls best friend
    Keep In Touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips!!
    need to invest in nude heels
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh you are so smart! Love this blog post and I'm sure it will help others who read it as well :) Great tips girl! - Michelle (@missmisschelle)

    ReplyDelete